DU's official U.S. depository status dates back to 1909, although many of the 900,000+ documents in the collection are from well before that time. DU Libraries holds a rich legacy collection of government documents, and our consortial commitments with other Colorado depository libraries will allow us to retain our collection for years to come. Collection strengths include:
- Commerce and transportation (Interstate Commerce Commission)
- Foreign relations
- Congressional hearings and reports
- Historical executive agency documents
All of our current documents are available in electronic format since the Libraries receive all items distributed by the Government Printing Office. Older print and microfiche materials can be requested from off-site storage.
Browse Government Documents Stacks and Online Reference Shelf
- Use this tool to browse paper, microfiche, and electronic documents using the Superintendent of Documents classification system.
- Nearly all government documents, including reference documents, are online.