Mission & Values
The University of Denver Libraries connect students, faculty, staff, and the broader University community to knowledge in all forms. Reflecting the University's mission, we support teaching, research, scholarship, and creative endeavors by providing diverse resources and services for all stages of the information lifecycle. By so doing, we preserve our varied cultural heritage, facilitate lifelong learning, and inspire our students and faculty to question, contemplate, and engage.
The University Libraries...
- Serve the teaching and research missions of the University.
- Support transparent dialogue to foster communication and collaboration.
- Cultivate inclusion and diversity as values that enhance connections to community and foster cultural competence.
- Build and support a culture of learning.
- Practice evidence-based decision-making to ensure quality and continuous improvement.
- Recognize changing needs, respond nimbly, and may take calculated risks to achieve the mission and goals.
- Seek out and apply innovative ideas while maintaining best practices.
- Endorse the professional values articulated by the American Library Association, the Association of College and Research Libraries, and the Society of American Archivists.