Affiliates Interlibrary Loan
This page provides information for other libraries looking to place ILL requests on behalf of their patrons seeking materials held by the DU Libraries.
Who May Use Interlibrary Loan Lending Services?
University Libraries Interlibrary Loan Department will loan to non-reciprocal borrowers for the charges listed below. Individuals in search of materials from the DU Libraries must utilize interlibrary loan services through their local institution or public library.
We accept IFM or invoice. We cannot accept credit cards.
- $17 – Loan/Photocopy to U.S. Libraries
- $17 – Dissertations to U.S. Libraries
- $20 – Corporate Loan/Dissertations
- $30 – International Photocopy
- $30 – International Loan
Loan Period and Shipping
The loan period is four weeks. Please request renewals three to five days before the due date. Our average turnaround time is two to three business days. Please allow sufficient time for U.S. mail and international mail delivery. ILL can ship FedEx with the borrower's FedEx account number.
University Libraries will not loan videos, sound recordings, video games, reserve or reference items, whole volumes of current or bound periodicals, or special collections materials.
Submitting a Request
Requests may be submitted either through OCLC (symbol DVP), ALA forms sent by fax to 303-871-3446, or ALA forms sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests cannot be taken by phone.
Requests must include the following information:
- For photocopies: journal and article title, author or editor, volume, issue, pages, date, and publisher
- For loans: title, author or editor, publisher, and date.
- All requests must include complete mailing address, contact information, and acknowledgement of agreement to pay all applicable charges.
- Borrowers are responsible for all material until the ILL record is updated to checked-in.