Computers in University Libraries are primarily for the use of DU students, faculty, staff, and those affiliated with the University of Denver. Those with valid DU IDs are given priority and, when all computers are occupied, only those with valid DU IDs may use the computers. Access to computers and to select library subscription databases are restricted because of product licensing agreements.
Computers must be used in accordance with Library and University policies and procedures listed above. Any violation may lead to loss of these privileges and forfeiture of your card. The University of Denver's Acceptable Use Policy for Computer and Network Systems is available here
For full access to most online databases, electronic books, and electronic journals as well as for access to the general internet, visitors must request a temporary guest account. To obtain a visitor account, you must present a picture ID at the Lending Desk
and meet the following criteria: All visitors who may normally check out University Libraries materials may have access to the workstations. These visitors include the following:
Visitors from libraries with whom we have reciprocal agreements:
- Visitor pass expires June 30 each year.
- Visitor pass does not expire.
Visitors who currently participate in DU special programs:
- Visitor pass expires at the end of the program.
Visitors who are family members, retired staff, Ricks students, Special Community Members, Follett Bookstore employees, Sodexo employees, field instructors, or Friends of the Library:
- Visitor pass expires at the end of the calendar year.
Visitors needing access to Government Documents:
- Visitor pass expires at the end of the day received.
Visiting Scholars with a letter from the sponsoring department:
- Visitor pass expires at end of appointment period.
Visitors with a valid Referral Card from their home library:
Visitor pass expires at the end of the day received. This is a one day only pass and allows up to six items to be borrowed.
Visitors who have paid an access fee for a $5.00 Day Pass:
- Visitor pass expires at the end of the day received. This is a non-borrowing pass.
Visitors who have paid an access fee for a $10.00 Month Pass:
- Visitor pass expires at the end of the calendar month (March, April, etc.) received. This is a non-borrowing pass.
Visitors who have paid an access fee for a $100.00 Year Pass:
- Visitor pass expires 365 days after date purchased.
Visitors who are High School students and have paid an access fee for one year:
- Visitor pass expires May 31 each year. This is a non-borrowing pass.
Even with special access to the computers some databases are not available to visitors.
Before you can use a computer, you must sign a Computer Use Agreement, which will be kept on file at Main Library.