The Music Library is a limited access facility. As a branch library of DU University Libraries, the resources and services of Main Library and the Music Library of the University of Denver are developed and maintained primarily for members of the DU community. By showing valid DU identification upon entering the Music Library, all DU students, faculty and staff have unrestricted access to collections and services as well as a range of borrowing privileges linked below.
Academic Year Hours
||Monday - Thursday
Interterm & Summer Hours
||Monday - Friday
Complete current hours may be found on the DU Campus Calendar
Newman Center, Lamont School of Music
2334 E. Iliff Ave. 4th Floor East, Rm. 440
is available in the New Center Garage, lower level for $1.00 per hour.
The Music Library Collection
- Books and Scores: Books and scores held in the Music Library should give the designation of MUSIC LIBRARY in the Classic Catalog Location field. Any books or scores with the location of DU BOOK STACKS are housed in Main Library.
- Circulation of Books and Scores: Most of the books and scores in the Music Library circulate to DU students, faculty and staff with the following exceptions:
L.C. Call Numbers M2 and M3.
Materials marked Reference and Reserve Materials do not circulate.
- All sound recordings and video formats are on permanent 2-hour Reserve and are not available for Prospector or ILL circulation.
- Items identified as non-circulating in number 2 are not available for Prospector or ILL circulation.
- Scores, excepting non-circulating items as identified in number 2, are available for ILL circulation. Scores are not available for Prospector circulation.