Starting from Square One? Need a refresher?
Here's your libguide for more in-depth information.
View Items On Reserve
Our main system, ARES, is available as a link in Canvas, just like your tool links for syllabi and course announcements. Physical Reserve items can be found through the University Libraries Catalog - searchable by instructor, course, or title. Streamed video and audio materials are accessible through DU Course Media.
Reserves is encouraging electronic submissions of requests through ARES or by email. We will still take materials that are dropped off at the Lending Desk for processing.
To ensure the quickest fulfillment of your requests, please consider the following:
- Submit your requests early.
- Provide full bibliographic citations and include call numbers if you know them.
- Be aware of our copyright guidelines - we are unable to post e-reserves over 20% of any print book or more than two articles from a single print issue of a journal.
- Our preferred method for e-reserves is to link to items in our collection instead of PDFs (if available).
- Return any items checked out to you so library staff can process them for your course.
- Items are made available by your requests. Please be advised that requests for reactivations must be submitted for every quarter for which they are to be used—they do not roll over automatically.
Reactivating items from previous course(s)
For reactivating requests for E-Reserves, please email Reserves. In your email request, please include the course number, code, and quarter in which your E-Reserves were last used, as well as the course number, code, and quarter for which you wish them to be reactivated.
Itemized requests are available in ARES for E-Reserve, Physical Reserve, and DU CourseMedia. Emailing is also an option, especially for Physical Reserve items and DU CourseMedia requests. Screenshots for ARES are available in our Faculty Reserve LibGuide.
Reserve requests may take up to three weeks to process. Please also remember to allow additional time for purchasing and processing materials not owned by the library.
Main Library Reserves: email, 303-871-3151
Lending Desk/Late Night Reserves: 303-871-3707