This week is Open Access Week. This global event “is an opportunity for the academic and research community to continue to learn about the potential benefits of Open Access, to share what they’ve learned with colleagues, and to help inspire wider participation in helping to make Open Access a new norm in scholarship and research.” (Quote is from here.)
What has Penrose done to support this initiative?
- We are sponsoring the Provost Conference on October 29. Several experts in the field of scholarly communications will speak at the conference. They will address open access concepts and other scholarly communication issues.
- If DU faculty write an article for a BioMed Central journal, the library will financially support open access to that article.
- Penrose has a digital repository to host articles that faculty write. Authors should check the publisher’s self-archiving and copyright policies database at SHERPA/RoMEO before depositing the article.
- We provide a Research Guide that focuses on open access issues.
- Several of the library faculty are editors of the open access journal, Collaborative Librarianship.
Please let us know if you have any questions.