While Penrose Library doesn’t offer transcription services (for example, for interviews), we’ve done some research to help you find such services in the area.
First, if you are a student or faculty member at DU, check with your department to see if there are students or others the department can recommend to provide transcription services.
Second, we recommend you look through the listing of members of the American Transcription Association at ataus.org.
The following is a sampling of services available in the area with basic cost information to show what typical rates for such services are. The information below was obtained from the service providers.
ABS Transcription Services abstranscription.com
- $2.50 per recorded minute base rate. More complicated transcriptions (poor quality recordings, multiple voices, accents) raise the rate.
- Media can be submitted by personally (location in Lakewood), or by mail or email.
- Digital or analog
- Contact for estimate of turnaround time: 303.974.8067, Bernice@abstranscription.com
GMR Transcription gmrtranscription.com
- $10 registration fee
- Upload digital recordings
- Analog submitted by mail (conversion fee for analog)
- Transcription returned in word document, or by mail for $15 s/h
- Standard 2 speaker fee is $1.50 per recorded minute. Same day fee is $3.50 per recorded minute. Discount fee (3-4wk turnaround) $1.25 per minute.
Audiofile Solutions audiofilesolutions.com
- Conversion fee for analog files ($25 per hour or $10 per CD or $15 per DVD)
- Analog files submitted by mail
- Standard fee is $1.80 per recorded minute
- Reformatting and editing service available (with minor editing free)
- Accept most file formats
- Rush turnaround available (standard turnaround is 3 days)
- Reservations: 877.237.3453