Dedication Ceremony * 11 a.m. March 25, 2013 * 2150 E Evans Ave * Weather permitting, the Celebration takes place outside the library entrance on the south side of the Anderson Academic Commons. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be indoors.
Speakers: Chancellor Coombe, Students Chloe Campbell and Sam Estenson, and University Libraries Dean, Nancy Allen
Free parking available at the Newman Center garage at the northeast corner of University Blvd and Wesley Ave, one block south of Iliff Avenue.
The following activities have been scheduled to help commemorate the opening of the Anderson Academic Commons. Most are open to the public however some of the tours are tailored to a suggested audience. Please rsvp for tours using the links provided. All listed activities take place at the Anderson Academic Commons.
MONDAY, MARCH 25
- Mix-It-Up Registration: Campus-wide competition focused on healthy eating and sponsored by DU Human Resources. Learn more, register, and enter to win prizes. 10 am – 2 pm at the Front Porch Cafe (in the AAC).
- Undergraduate Student Tour, noon – 1 pm
- Graduate Student Tour, noon – 1pm
- General Audience Tour, noon – 1 pm
- Tour of Special (rare and valuable) Collections, 1 – 2 pm
- Preview of the Artists Books (works of art that are made by hand), 2-3 pm
TUESDAY, MARCH 26
- Technology Tour, 10-11 am
- Sustainability Tour, noon – 1 pm
- Undergraduate Student Tour, 4-5 pm
- Graduate Student Tour, 4-5 pm
- Undergraduate Student Government meeting 6 – 8 pm, Special Event Room, main level
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27
- DU Faculty Tour, 9-10 am
- General Audience Tour, 10-11 am
- Technology Tour, 2-3 pm
- Arts, Humanities & Social Science Coffee Happy Hour at the Front Porch Cafe. AHSS faculty, staff and students are invited for free refreshments and an optional tour (at 3:30 pm) led by one of the AHSS librarians. No rsvp required.
- CME Faculty and Staff of Color Mixer, 5-8 pm, Special Event Room, main level EVENT IS FULL
THURSDAY, MARCH 28
- University of Denver Staff Tour, 1-2 pm
- Tour of Artists Books (handmade books as works of art), 1-2 pm
- Tour of Exhibits “Mapping: From the Global to the Local,” 3-4 pm
- DUPB Screening of “Skyfall,” 8-10 pm, Special Event Room, Main level
FRIDAY, MARCH 29
- DU Faculty Tour, noon – 1 pm
- DUPB Screening of “Clue” 6-8 pm, Special Event Room, Main level
- Murder in the Stacks Scavenger Hunt (DU students only) 8-10 pm
For additional information, please contact Andrea Howland, External Relations Coordinator at Andrea.Howland@du.edu or 303-871-3958.